The MedTech Actuator, Australia’s venture-backed national accelerator for health technologies today announced their fourth cohort of promising medtech seed ventures!
Supported by Australian Industry Growth Centre, MTPConnect and a plethora of ecosystem partners, The MedTech Actuator’s fourth cohort of companies will be put through their paces in a rigorous industry-led 15-month technology and entrepreneurial skill development accelerator program. Along with training, mentoring and connectivity to 75+ local and global partners, the program will provide a structured pathway to $3million+ Seed to Series A investment, with venture partners Artesian.
After an intense selection and due diligence process, eleven high-impact HealthTech startups were selected to participate in the 2019 Winter Intake of the MedTech Actuator Accelerator program.
With countless early-stage startups from around Australia and APAC seeking to accelerate the commercialisation of their HealthTech innovations, the fourth round of applications was extremely competitive.
Capitalising on the Nation’s existing research, service and product development strengths, The MedTech Actuator will bring in the very best of Australia’s HealthTech and innovation system to prepare teams for clinical trials, advanced manufacturing and at-scale technology development.
The 11 successful participants are:
- SidelinesDr – Assess, record and communicate an athlete injury – all instantly, all on the sidelines
- Goldilocks Suit – Reimagining parenting – smart clothing that can track the well being of your baby
- Neuromersiv – Immersive, engaging brain rehabilitation using Virtual Reality
- NIRAF – Coronary intravascular imaging to reduce hospital readmission after PCI
- Form-i-baby – The world’s first self-sanitising baby bottle allowing parents to travel faster and lighter with a bottle fed baby
- Philia Labs – Measuring psychological stress from physiological data to enable better physical and mental well-being
- Neev Labs – Connect2mydoctor is a comprehensive virtual care platform to complement how people access and experience healthcare around the world
- Soterius – Reinventing personal protective equipment for emerging infections
- Walk to Beat – Smart assisted living products to empower the ageing population. Their first product is a smart walking stick designed for Parkinson’s sufferers to help them overcome freezing and gait problems
- Data Dissect – Improving quality of care and reducing the cost of care in Hospitals with our application that allows clinicians, researchers and administrators to collect, analyse and interpret clinical data
- Ventora Medical – Helping premature babies breathe – real time lung pressure monitoring without additional invasiveness
“Our mission is to support our home-grown talent within their local innovation ecosystems, and build incredible successes. We are eager to support such innovative and dynamic medtech startups, emerging out of Australia,” says Dr Buzz Palmer, CEO of The Actuator.
ABOUT THE MEDTECH ACTUATOR
The MedTech Actuator is an independent, not-for-profit entity, dedicated to bringing forth Australia’s economic and healthcare future with MedTech and HealthTech innovation and education.
The MedTech Actuator is made possible through collaboration across our ecosystem partners who have come together to create Australia’s economic and healthcare future.
Our special thanks go to our partners and sponsors: MTPConnect, the Federal Government, STC Australia, the Victorian State Government, LaunchVic, Artesian, EY, Johnson & Johnson, Medtronic, Cook Medical, Baker Institute, Burnet Institute, Macquarie University, Swinburne University, The University of Melbourne, La Trobe University, Ramsay Health, Ballarat Health, Epworth, St Vincent’s Hospital Melbourne, The Peter MacCallum Cancer Centre, Western Health, Northern Health, Centre for Eye and Ear Research Australia, VentureCrowd, K&L Gates, MTAA, Procept, Hydrix, Design+Industry, Entech Electronics, Invetech, EXA PD, Tiller Design, Outerspace Design, Cobalt Niche, Amatek Design, Tricycle Developments, IDE Group, Ingenuity Electronics Design, Blue Curve, Brandwood Biomedical, Truly Deeply, Innermaven, Dialectica Group, Mobius Medical, Australian Healthcare Solutions, Vestech, BioMelbourne Network, Cogentum, GrantGuru, Grant Ready, Jarred Roache Design, and The Social Science.
Emma Clark: firstname.lastname@example.org