Announcing 7th Cohort of the MedTech Actuator Accelerator
We are incredibly excited to introduce you to teams that make up the MedTech Actuator Accelerator cohort 7. Over the next 12 months, startups will be provided intensive support to help them develop the skills, networks, and resources needed to successfully navigate the complex BioMed commercialisation pathway.
Powering through the comprehensive application process involving first interviews, due diligence, and the Innovation Assessment Board pitch, startups in Cohort 7 (2022-2023 program) are now primed and ready to kick off their Accelerator journey.
Throughout the program, startups will connect to the extensive MedTech Actuator health innovation ecosystem. Over 100 speakers, over 150 business, clinical and investment mentors, and our impressive alumni network will contribute their expertise to help these startups grow. Over $1M has been allocated to help teams in Cohort 7 bring their innovation to the market faster, and to prepare them for early-stage investment rounds.
Cohort 7 startups come from all across Australia, with teams joining from Victoria, New South Wales and South Australia. 80% are innovating in the MedTech space – a significant increase from the last two years dominated by HealthTech, and more than 50% of startups in the cohort are female-led.
“We are thrilled to support new startups pursuing their innovative ideas to improve the lives of patients. The cohort is bringing a great variety of products this time ranging from healthtech marketplace to bacteriophage-based products and to a new generation of medical devices which we are particularly excited about,” says Maria Pelipas, Head of Programs
Meet the MedTech Actuator Accelerator Cohort 7 bringing innovation to the Health ecosystem in Australia :
- InflaMed: Managing chronic inflammation in the palm of your hands
- Healtharium: Making it easier to find, buy and sell healthcare software.
- DFU Solutions: Improving outcomes for diabetic foot ulcer patients.
- Anura Medical: Enabling preventative health care through innovative lung monitoring.
- AU-MDXD: Delivering technology-based mobility rehabilitation at the point of care and home
- Gravida Health: A guiding hand to improve the induction of labour.
- Vysum Technologies: Improving glaucoma treatment compliance and management for better vision.
- Vause Medical: An accessible improvement to lumbar punctures in newborns
- Symex Labs: Empowering couples to manage their reproductive health through continuous hormone sensing
- Misti: Protection from childhood infection via lung delivery of treatments
- ACUTRODE: Helping doctors treat the seizures that they can’t see
The MedTech Actuator™ is an independent, not-for-profit organisation that curates a globally connected ecosystem of MedTech, HealthTech and BioTech innovation and investment. We do this by activating, accelerating and investing in startups.
- Activate – We prime and build capacity in the ecosystem, through our early-stage innovation pitch competition, the MedTech Actuator Origin and partnerships with hospitals and universities.
- Accelerate – We accelerate ventures and technologies through our flagship Accelerator program, and our international programs, access APAC and Global Navigator. We do this in collaboration with the network of ecosystem partners covering the entire commercialisation pipeline, from product development, regulatory specialists and clinical trial specialists to manufacturers and investors.
- Invest – We connect and curate opportunities to invest and co-invest for our ecosystem partners.