Founders powering the next wave of health innovation.
Congratulations to founders on recently completing MedTech Actuator – Asia Pacific’s MedTech catalyst.
We are proud to support our fifth cohort in radically accelerating their medical, health or biological technology prototype or proof-of-concept to improve and save lives.
Thank you so much to every founder for being a part of the industry-led MedTech Actuator. We are delighted to have you on board in the MedTech Actuator™ innovation ecosystem for life and can’t wait to see where your journey takes you next.
Congratulations to our new MedTech Actuator alumni
Congratulations to all cohort five founders and teams including:
- Beta Medtech – Edison Bellarmin, Thomas Ooi | Smart patch for the detection and monitoring of pressure ulcers.
- ChezLeon – Cheryl Pollock | Passive massage wear for treatment of lymphoedema as a side effect of cancer treatment.
- CPAP Buddy by Tasmanian Medical Innovations – Kathleen Lim, Lachlann McLeod, Cameron Keating, Peter Dargaville, Andrew Marshall | A continuous monitoring system that makes breathing support safer for preterm infants.
- Diag-Nose Medical – Eldin Rostom, David Yen, Brian Wang, Josie Xu | Non-invasive diagnostics for better rhinology treatments.
- EloCare – Mabel Nguyen, Fandi Peng | Innovating in the internet of medical things and AI technology to help people live longer and age gracefully.
- Gabriel – Maria Crews, Nick Crews | Making it possible for seniors to live better for longer.
- HiCura Medical – Cailin Ng, Yusong Leng | AI technology reducing risks and discomfort for patients during childbirth.
- Medicsen | Needle-free smart patch for painless drug delivery.
- Onward Health Research – Martin Lim | A digital health platform enabling world-class clinical research in emerging markets.
- PhysiPal – Aaya Hakeem, Ahmed Hakeem | A device and app combination that allows patients to take charge of their physiotherapy rehabilitation at home.
- Recovery App – Allan Molloy, Myles Coolican, Tony Nicol | Digital health platform to optimise outcomes and reduce costs associated with major orthopaedic surgery.
- Repli-med – Zoe Keon-Cohen, Thomas Sutton | 3D printed models to train and help prepare surgeons and anaesthetists for eye and spine procedures.
- TuCann – Maryam Soomro, Kenneth Wong, Santiago Beltran Diaz | Cannula solution, simplifying the cannulation process and decreasing likelihood of infection
Where to from here?
Founders can now tap into MedTech Actuator’s unrivalled network – including 85 partners and 75 mentors from some of the largest names in health innovation spanning multi-national corporations, hospitals and clinicians, investor groups and VCs, professional service partners, universities and research institutions, and product development firms.
They join an alumni network of the brightest emerging startups from across Asia Pacific, and our networks are their networks as they scale up, prepare for exit and beyond.
About MedTech Actuator
The MedTech Actuator’s specialised acceleration model surrounds startups with the ecosystem support they need to bring their MedTech, HealthTech or BioTech innovation to the patients and clinicians who need it most.
Through MedTech Actuator’s intensive mentorship, industry collaboration, up to AUD$200K initial capital injection and capital raising support, the founders can achieve in 15 months what can typically take 3 years or more.
Embedded in the MedTech Actuator™ ecosystem, founders radically advance their technology development, raise seed capital, and build critical business and management skills. They become primed and ready to grow their venture even further – including raising series A funding, commencing clinical trials, gaining regulatory approvals, and moving to at-scale manufacturing, and market launch.
More on MedTech Actuator, or subscribe below for news on upcoming intakes.