MedTech Actuator Accelerator Welcomes the 8th Cohort
We are incredibly excited to introduce you to teams of MedTech Actuator™ Accelerator 2023. Over the next 12-months, startups will be provided intensive support to help them develop the skills, networks, and resources needed to successfully navigate the complex health commercialisation pathway.
Throughout the Accelerator, startups will connect to the extensive MedTech Actuator health innovation ecosystem. Over 100 speakers, 150 business, clinical and investment mentors, and the MedTech Actuator alumni portfolio will contribute their expertise to help these startups strategically grow and bring their innovation to the market faster while preparing them for future investment rounds.
Cohort 8 startups come from all across Australia, with teams joining from Victoria, New South Wales, the Australian Capital Territory, Western Australia and South Australia.
Meet the Teams Driving Innovation in Australia’s Health Ecosystem
- Acegirl Innovation Lab Pty Ltd.– Acegirl is developing a sleek and low-in-noise breast pump that mimics a baby’s latch, to empower all mothers to pump, despite their environment.
- AdraCard– AdraCard aims to significantly reduce the burden of disease for those with anaphylaxis and decrease the rate of hospitalisations and deaths, by eliminating the hassle of carrying adrenaline.
- Aurabox– Aurabox is a cloud-based platform for storing, viewing and sharing medical imaging which allows doctors to view and collaborate with imaging from multiple sources in one place.
- Circadian Health Innovations– We create a wearable light sensor to guide users toward better light for better health and longevity.
- Hindsyt– Hindsyt is a cutting-edge technology that uses computer vision and machine learning to improve the accuracy and efficiency of radiotherapy treatments.
- Kidney Ally– Personalised and affordable nutrition to slow kidney disease progression.
- NanoCube Health – NanoCube Health is developing bioinspired nanorobots combining advanced diagnostics with targeted cancer treatment technology.
- Parallel Medical Pty Ltd– Our aim is for healthcare organizations and physicians to adopt Nexus as a tool to improve patient care and outcomes, promote the advancement of surgical techniques, and streamline healthcare delivery processes.
- Pretect Devices Pty Ltd– IView – We aim to eliminate IV infiltration injury in the smallest and the most vulnerable.
- Skin Genetics Inc– The DermR® Patch is a first-of-its-kind microneedle patch that quickly and effectively extracts skin cells pain-free, allowing for a new way of pre-screening for skin cancer without the need for a biopsy.
- TENSible– TENSible is a non-invasive micro-electrical stimulation device that implements biofeedback and an integrated pain management virtual assistant to provide you with personalised chronic back pain relief.
- Visualisation Hub– A healthcare data analytics platform that leverages AI to provide actionable insights for healthcare providers, pharmaceutical companies, and government agencies to deliver insights to improve patient outcomes.
The MedTech Actuator is an independent, not-for-profit organisation that curates a globally connected ecosystem of MedTech, HealthTech and BioTech innovation and investment. We do this by activating, accelerating and investing in startups.
- Activate – We prime and build capacity in the ecosystem, through our early-stage innovation pitch competition, the MedTech Actuator Origin and partnerships with hospitals and universities.
- Accelerate – We accelerate ventures and technologies through our flagship Accelerator program and our international programs, Access APAC and Global Navigator. We do this in collaboration with the network of ecosystem partners covering the entire commercialisation pipeline, from product development, regulatory specialists and clinical trial specialists to manufacturers and investors.
- Invest – We connect and curate opportunities to invest and co-invest for our ecosystem partners.